Website Pacific Heating and Cooling
Pacific Heating & Cooling, Washington’s leader in home comfort, is seeking a full-time Controller to join our team. With a proud history dating back to 1991, our family-owned and operated business is renowned for offering top-notch heating and air conditioning services to homes across South King, Pierce, and Thurston counties. Our commitment to excellence and strong team culture makes us one of the best residential heating and air conditioning contractors in WA state.
Our team is looking for a highly motivated, reliable, and professional Controller to join our leadership team. Controllers must have solid communication, technology, analytical, management, and leadership skills. The Controller will plan and direct all aspects of the accounting, financial management, and reporting operations.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which includes coordination and working with the accounting team for timely and useful financial reporting, management of cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll, vehicles, and related assets and liabilities.
- Maintains and develops timely, accurate, decision-useful income statements, balance sheets, cash flow, and cash flow forecasts for leadership, management teams, and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Identifies and oversees staff coordination and development.
- Develops and ensures execution of a long-term strategic plan with the CFO and Senior Leadership Team supporting growing operations and strong financial and people management.
- Understands business, is willing to learn the industry, and anticipates hiring technology needs for scalability and company growth.
- Focused on continuous improvement of efficient, effective communication, financial management, timely and accurate bookkeeping and financial reporting, and leveraging technology, the accounting staff, and interacting staff.
- Ensures strong communication, coordination, and development of the accounting team.
- Ensures strong bookkeeping, treasury, and financial management to support growing operations.
- Oversees the timely and accurate production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reports are decision-useful for management and leadership, and comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develops and maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions and financial reporting to leverage technology, minimize risk, and ensure timely and useful financial reporting and strong financial management.
- Works closely with the Senior Leadership Team to produce and manage the annual budget as well as related forecasts, variances, and required analysis.
- Develops and maintains financial metrics/benchmarks that will be used to manage the company’s operations.
- Provides financial analysis to support capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Leads the accounting team, coordinates timely annual and other needed financial information in coordination with the CFO and the external CPA, and provides needed information.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned by CFO, CEO, or COO.
- Values people, listening, accountability, solutions, results, and strong communication skills.
- Highly reliable, accountable, ethical, and committed to interacting with honesty and trustworthiness.
- Work experience that demonstrates a record of superior leadership performance in a high-growth, creative, rapidly changing organization.
- Solid computer skills (Excel, accounting, and other software) and excellent understanding of ERP systems and ability to leverage technology.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, controls procedures; financial management, income taxes, financial planning, and analysis, as well as actionable financial reporting and the ability to research solutions.
- A self-starter with the ability to anticipate issues, and quickly develop and respond to an understanding of the organization’s operational characteristics, business drivers, future, and culture.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and thoughtful partnership to the Accounting Team, Senior Leadership, Managers, and other staff as well as an independent and creative business thinker and team player who possesses a high degree of integrity.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, including explaining and simplifying complex financial issues to the accounting, management, and leadership team.
- Strong willingness and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Understands options for organizing, managing, and compensating staff in a changing market environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or higher preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or work experience will be considered.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant degrees are a bonus/welcome.
- Industry experience valued.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Competitive wages based on experience, $100K-$130K.
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) for you and your dependents.
- Paid sick & vacation time.
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- 401(k) with 4% employer match.
- $15,000 life insurance policy.
- Flexible, or remote work may be considered.
Pacific Heating & Cooling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.